Can you support colleagues to develop and maintain health programmes within communities overseas?
The British Red Cross helps vulnerable people in crisis, whoever and wherever they are. We are part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, the world's largest independent humanitarian organisation. We work in partnership with our sister Red Cross/Crescent National Societies to provide long-term support to communities, helping them recognise their vulnerability to risks, identifying the causes of disease, and empowering communities to find appropriate solutions.
You will work as part of the Resilience Team, providing technical advisory support to a growing portfolio of health and social care programmes. The post holder will contribute to the development of multi-sector programmes that promote the safety and resilience of communities across response, recovery and long term programming
To succeed in this role, you must possess:
• a relevant undergraduate health or nursing qualification;
• a relevant post-graduate qualification in public health or similar;
• significant experience developing and effectively implementing health programmes in international response, recovery or development contexts (experience of assessment, planning, monitoring and evaluation) in a variety of countries at community level;
• excellent communication skills and the experience and ability to work in an advisory capacity in an international humanitarian organisation;
• an understanding of issues affecting health and well-being in developing country contexts and a genuine commitment to looking beyond healthcare solutions to broader public health;
Recruitment is for two health advisors, one advisor will focus on HIV in Africa and therefore is required to have relevant experience
This is a re-advertised post. Previous applicants need not apply.
For more information and to submit an online application, please visit www.redcross.org.uk/jobs click on 'apply now' and search for job reference UKO48396.
Access the latest information on HIV and AIDS. AIDSPortal offers you access to the latest information on: policy initiatives, programmatic subjects, news stories, events and country specific issues for: Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Europe, Latin America, North America.